Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Set buddy-icon on gaim

http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=4&id=3334227
hide | show
I had someone asking me how to set your buddy-icon (aka 'avatar') in Gaim. Today I saw someone came across my blog searching for "set picture of yourself gaim" on Google. Therefor: a short explanation about how to set up buddy-icons on Gaim :).

1. Open the account editor: press Ctrl-A or select "Accounts" in the "Tools"-menu.
2. Select the desired account: click on it.
3. Click on "Modify".
4. Drag a picture to the dialogwindow appearing or browse for it on your filesystem.

I hope this post will come up on if someone searchs for this :)

Ciao!

Labels:


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

Hi,
well, I know about this avatar icon in GAIM, but it seems that no other user except another GAIM user can see it :-/. I mean that ICQ*.exe users won't see it anyway.
Marek

11:40 AM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

I guess this is because ICQ doesn't support this kind of 'avatar' ?

12:10 PM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

just googled for gain "set picture", and you surenough came up...

i tried the drag/drop method, and i'm waiting for my friends to wake up to test it out...

thanks!

2:50 PM, May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Stacy knowledgely replied ...

Great blogg post

10:18 PM, April 17, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->