Monday, January 17, 2005

Connect to server ...


hide | show
Since Gnome 2.8, one of the features I love and use the most is the ability to connect to (s)FTP, SMB, WebDav and other servers with nautilus. It's a great feature and I'll apreciate it more and more if more applications will be using Gnome-vfs so I can read/write on/of those locations from all kinds of programs. How to use it?
Open a nautilus-window, click on the menu "File" and select "Connect to server ...". You'll be greeted by this dialog-window:


Then you just fill in the values, and a new icon will appear on your desktop for this connection. I use an ftp-connection all time for this blog. When I make a screenshot, I just drop it in that directory on my Desktop, it asks me for the ftp-password if I didn't acces is yet in that session, and I create a link on my blog. Try it, it's easy!

Ciao!

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

Nice! I use ftp/sftp etc for work (web application developer). I HAVE to use this now. I can't believe I have not seen this before. You find a hellofalotta good stuff!

1:21 AM, January 21, 2005  
Blogger vito knowledgely replied ...

Hi, heute hast du mir mit deinem blog die langweile vertrieben. Nach stunden des gelangweielten surfens bin ich hier gelandet. Absolut interessantes Thema.
Ich denk hier werde ich öfter vorbei schauen !

Ich habe eine Seite über workstation. Hier findest du alles über workstation und noch viel mehr !

Wenn du Zeit hast, schau doch mal vorbei ! :-)

5:22 PM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->