Monday, January 17, 2005

Connect to server ...


hide | show
Since Gnome 2.8, one of the features I love and use the most is the ability to connect to (s)FTP, SMB, WebDav and other servers with nautilus. It's a great feature and I'll apreciate it more and more if more applications will be using Gnome-vfs so I can read/write on/of those locations from all kinds of programs. How to use it?
Open a nautilus-window, click on the menu "File" and select "Connect to server ...". You'll be greeted by this dialog-window:


Then you just fill in the values, and a new icon will appear on your desktop for this connection. I use an ftp-connection all time for this blog. When I make a screenshot, I just drop it in that directory on my Desktop, it asks me for the ftp-password if I didn't acces is yet in that session, and I create a link on my blog. Try it, it's easy!

Ciao!

Labels:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

Nice! I use ftp/sftp etc for work (web application developer). I HAVE to use this now. I can't believe I have not seen this before. You find a hellofalotta good stuff!

1:21 AM, January 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->