Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hide Templates


hide | show
Hey,

I found out someone stumbled upon this blog by searching google for hide templates in gnome. I'm not quite sure what this person wanted as I see 2 possibilities:

  • I want to remove the "Create document >" submenu of Nautilus (the filemanager) in the menu when I rightclick on the desktop or in a window of a folder:
You can do this by removing all templates in the "Templates" folder of your home-directory or by removing this folder.

  • I don't want to see the "Templates" folder in my home-directory but I want the "Create document >" submenu of Nautilus (the filemanager) in the menu when I rightclick on the desktop or in a window of a folder:
You can do this by hiding this folder. To hide a file or folder, enter it's name on a new line in a file called .hidden (mind the dot) in the directory of the folder; if the file .hidden doesn't exist yet, create it. A file wich name starts with a dot is also a hidden file
If you're new to this, just open the text-editor, type Templates in the document, save it as .hidden in your personal folder (home-directory), and you're done.

Bottomline: there are 2 kinds of hidden files in Gnome, those whose names start with a dot and those whose names are in a .hidden file.


Ciao!

Labels: , , , ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

Thank you very much !

12:30 PM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->