Saturday, March 12, 2005

Nero for Linux

http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html
hide | show
While writing my last post about disk burning in Gnome, I expressed some of my expectations about the development of cd burning applications, but the last thing I expected was a Linux port of the famous Nero CD burning suite Nero, which is exactly what happened.

Just to disapoint you after this good news:
No, it's not free software (You need a Nero 6.5 Licence Key)
No, it's not GTK2, it GTK1 (based on GnomeToaster from what I've heard)
No, it does not have all the features of its Windows equivalent

Be sure to check out their website and the screenshot gallery though.

I didn't test the software myself, but I'll definitely keep track of it and inform you about its development.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Karel Demeyer knowledgely replied ...

It's really great for us linux users to have Nero make a linux version. Now we only have to hope it will be made GTK2 quickly ;)

11:32 PM, March 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous knowledgely replied ...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

10:05 PM, October 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->